We purchased the Chicco Cortina Keyfit Travel System in the Vega design from Target, in fact, the Vega pattern is sold exclusively at Target stores. The base price is $299.99. According to my research Chicco has performed well in safety tests. The car seat minimum weight is 4 lbs, max. is 22 lbs. The minimum stroller weight is 5 lbs, max is 45 lbs. Here's my review of this travel system.
- Neutral pattern is great for unisex use
- Both car seat and stroller are fairly lightweight
- Base of car seat was very easy to install in the car using the latch system. It is also a breeze getting car seat into and out of the car.
- The stroller is so easy to use and can be opened and closed with one hand (believe me, this comes in handy)
- With all wheel suspension, the stroller handles multiple surfaces handily.
- The stroller reclines completely flat--good news for a sleepy baby.
- No trouble getting the car seat onto the stroller, making car transfers effortless.
- The stroller has an adjustable handle and multiple storage for stuff like cell phones, keys, and bottled water. Also features a removable tray. The tray is awesome because it has a deep surface--perfect for keeping finger snacks onboard.
- The car seat sun shade and stroller sun shade provide complete coverage of baby when used together.
- Fabric stains easily and stains may be visible. I had hoped it would be easier to wipe stains away but that hasn't been the case.
- Stroller basket is on the small side and is impossible to get to with seat fully reclined.
- Stroller sometimes feels too lightweight and at times seems like it might tip over.
- The car seat does not fit on any shopping cart
- The car seat, more often than not, will not fit in a booth at restaurants
- Unlike my previous Graco infant car seat, this seat is rear facing only
It was on sale for $249.99 when I purchased it, and by using gift cards and the one-time 20% discount from Target for registry items, I actually paid only $171 for mine. On the whole, I'd highly recommend this travel system as the pros outweigh the cons.
Image courtesy of Google products